Sunday, April 12, 2015

A day to be blessed

Today was a very special day. Matt and I became godparents to my brothers son, the only boy (grandchild) on the Brackett side of the family. We arrived at church in time for Mass well my little family my girls and Matt sat through an hour long service. I could not help but bring myself back to the days that I religiously no pun intended would attend the Baptist church in the town we lived every Sunday, for Sunday school and Church. My dad always made sure I got there and even if I was at a sleep over sure enough my dad would be there to get me that morning to bring me to church if not my Sunday school teacher Mrs Stanley would stop and get me. I looked around and listened and it sure made the memories of my days at church come to me. I asked myself why for so many years Why did he make me go and not my brothers or him and mom go,  but they did go sometimes butç not as often as I. Well I guess he needed to find a way to protect me his little girl from the wrongs in the world. He wanted to instill in me the good of God and the good of people. He wanted to be sure that I was a girl of faith and belief. It's amazing as I looked around today the church as full of many young and old families, some older folks by themselves praying. Some taking part in the mass and some just taking it all in. If the world was simple as it was when my dad would drive me to church and drop me off knowing that he was wanting me to be the young woman who would not be pushed down a wrong path, man how simple of a lesson to learn as a child surrounded by others whom would also learn that too. Today seemed like so much more to worry about, the world we live in the battles fought and lost and won and the temptations of life. I can after today be forever greatful that my dad did make me go to church no matter the fight I put up. He did it cause he wanted to mold me into a girl who I am today . Thank you Daddy for all I ever really needed to know or learn about myself I got from your lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment