Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sometimes it's just in a song!

the song "You Raise Me Up" has always been one of my favorite songs. Whenever I hear it I shed a tear or two ok well more like a puddle. Weather it's hearing it on TV or radio or seeing a dancer interpret it in their own movement, the song now means so much to me! When I hear it I know who is lifting me up well who should be, but tonight I heard it differently I heard it, with a meaning of a dad and his little girl, here is my interpretation!
Now that I have my daddy as my angel above I have a diffrent reason to Beleive that he is the one who comes and sits with me when I am sad, worried and feel burdened with sometimes everyday life!
Ever since I was a little girl he my dad raised me up so that I could stand on the mountains to see the whole world,  he provided me outlets, and a listening ear to get over those stormy seas. He raised me up as I would cling to his back for a piggy back ride or my father daughter dance he held me as if to say I'm not letting you go forever! Yet he raised me to be all that I could be and more! Because he believed I could!
If you really listen to a song that has meant something to you, you look at it differently it means a diffrent thing. So wjen I hear this song the tears still flow, I still sing along knowing all the words and I feel the presence of my dad. Tonight I'm feeling comfort I heard this song and it made me cry yes, but it also made me feel protected!

When I am down and oh my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

There is no life no life without it's hunger
Each restless heart beat so imperfectly
But when you come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment