Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July Memories

It's the 4th of July. One your favorite holidays. I mean dad come on food everything you could want and more, conversation, jokes, laughter and just a good time. It's funny dad as I was getting things ready for the cook out I stopped and thought man these won't be as good as dad's (referring to the deviled eggs) or ya know sometimes as I was  making something I got a huge pit in my stomach knowing you won't ever eat it again with us. Jesus dad that sucks. It hurts so bad knowing im.having your favorite things and your not here to share them with. You were such a food contasure, you mastered everything you made and I miss your special touch of making anything just so. Not only do I miss your food but also your arsenal of fireworks you would get every year. I think our firework displays were better than Portlands. Since when I was a little girl I can remember the firework shows we would have at home at the big 4th party, the firecrackers tied to the telephone pole, the huge bomb things. The memories are there and so vivid in my mind but it sure does not help my heartache of missing you. I hope the firecrackers are going off and when I light up the sky with a few fireworks they will be for you Dad. I love you and I miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment