Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Only got one parent left. . .

In a normal conversation with my husband about my mom, and how she called me four times in a 20 min span. He said "Don't complain you only have one parent left" while I know he meant no harm in thst phrase, it really made me think. Dam it, it's true I do. I only have my mom. Why on earth did I not look at my life growing up as you only have two parents. I mean think about it, would you had respected them more in your rebellious stage of adolescent, and not wait till you were out on your own to realize it. I can't feel guilty for I know that no matter the attitude I gave them as a girl the only girl in the family and the baby at that. I know they still loved me, the nights I went out and missed my curfew by minutes, they threaded to forbid me from going out again, why because they loved me and wanted to know I was safe. Every Sunday I would get driven by my dad or picked up by my Sunday school teacher while the brothers slept in why, because they wanted me to be guided and to grow up with strong morrals. It's too late now for the apologizes to my dad about my outburst of a teenager or the silent treatment I would give him for getting me early at a sleepover to bring me to church. I see it now that I only have one parent that I need to let go of the 4 phone calls in a 20 min period, or the can you pick me up this or bring me here. Because we are all she has now. She's my only parent and we are her only family.

No comments:

Post a Comment