Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A year in the making

It's hard to believe that a tag on a FB post would had brought me to this blogging journey. It started when a friend reached out to me inviting me to a grief workshop. When I attended I never knew that only 9 months after losing you dad still felt like day one. I never knew how deep the hurt went and how angry I was and yet how scared and how much I miss you. It's been a little over a year that I sat in front of my laptop resting on my lap and typed away. It's been so helpful for me to refect on you Dad and the long road of grief. It has made me smile, laugh, and cry and reminisce about the father/daughter bond we have.
I have shared my blog with friends and family who have lost their dad maybe my words would comfort them like they have comforted me or caused anger and tears for I have too learned that grief is an ugly thing that everyone handles differently. I will continue to blog my feelings and refections of you dad for I've learned that each word still makes you feel alive in my heart and mind. I love you dad and miss you more everyday. My tears are still real and that will never end. I will someday smile more smiles than shead tears but till then I will blog my thoughts and feelings about you the man I call my dad. Loved forever and missed everyday by your little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment